Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automated Tool for Testing

Hi All,

Need some help in testing. Has anyone used any sort of automated testing tool for testing in OTM? If yes then please let me know what has been used. Also what can be used to automate the OTM testing activity.
    Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Anirban Roy

Re: Automated Tool for Testing

Anirban,

I am not sure about the S/W which can automate the OTM tesing. But can suggest youan alternative.

You may get tools in the market which can record the execution of flow that you are doing on a product (say OTM) and prepare a document with all the details. The details that will be added on the document are like "doble click on so n so button", "click on so n so icon" etc.

So for each test script that you prepare you can create one document and send to business for acceptance. In case they have any doubt on any particular test script they can login to the application and execute that flow and check without anyone's assistance.

Of course this is an alternative, but effective.
    Cheers,
    Murthy

Comment

At G-Log we used Apache JMeter and various custom Perl and Python scripts. I've seen customers user the Mercury tools with good success also.

--Chris
      Chris Plough
      twitter.com/chrisplough
      MavenWire

Comment

Chris,

Any particular too of Mercury, which is better for OTM testing?

Asking this as when I searched on net there are several Mercury tools available in market, so little confused.. :-)
        Cheers,
        Murthy

Comment

Yep - it was HP Mercury Loadrunner.

In the past, I had also used WAPT (WAPT - Web Application Load, Stress and Performance Testing) - but that was several years and versions ago.

--Chris
          Chris Plough
          twitter.com/chrisplough
          MavenWire

Comment

I was looking for something similar and recently stumbled into Firefox extension iMacros (They have IE add-on too). This helps in creating test data through UI. I was able to create 100 orders through UI in a matter of minutes. You can even upload orders or locations or any other data from csv using this tool. You might find it useful for stress testing and regression testing. Please do let me know your thoughts if you try it.

Comment

Hi Satish,

Can you share the above stated method with me.Need it urgently for regression testing.

Thanks,
              Ronnie

Comment

You can use Selenium, Its easy to record/modify. It can be either as standalone or in conjuction with a controller server (large projects).
                download selenium ide for firefox and give a try

Comment

Thanks..I will give it a try

Comment

You can use Robot Framework, which supports Python and Jython. There are many libraries in Robot Framework, developed in Python language which allow us to do web testing , DB testing and FTP testing.

Comment

Hi Murthyko,

you said - ther is an app which record the execution of flow that you are doing on a product coulld you please let me know the name and brief me about it a little bit. Appreciate your help

-Piyush

Comment

Hi I'm new to this group and wants to answer your question. I have been using QTP 11.0 for OTM since 9 months and it is not giving any problems so far and I have automated around 27 scripts which covers almost 51 manual regression test cases.

Comment

Hi aravindkiran,
                          Do you mind sharing a simple demo of what can be achieved with QTP to test OTM.

my email is:
                          sk80rb0i@gmail.com

Thanks,
                          Ravi

Comment

Working...
                          X