Retender shipment to the next lowest cost service provider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retender shipment to the next lowest cost service provider

Can some explain me on how to retender a shiment to the next lowest cost service provider incase the shipment has been declined by the service provider.

Thanks
    Katuri

Re: Retender shipment to the next lowest cost service provider

That should happen automatically as soon as the carrier declines the shipment or if the time limit for the response ends.

Comment

I think you are looking @ Step Tender:

From OTM Help:
      When step tendering, carriers are sent tenders one at a time starting with the best/lowest cost service provider. Every time Oracle Transportation Management sends a step tender, it starts a step tender timer. If the carrier responds within the regular response time, but outside of the step tender timer, they are not guaranteed the tender. Instead, after the step tender time is reached, a new step tender is sent to the next best service provider. Any service provider with pending step tenders can respond to the tender. Thus preference can be given to the best service providers, but you do not have to wait the full regular response time before sending tenders to other service providers.
      Thanks,
      Vinoth Gopalakrishnan

Comment

Hi Katuri,

you need to set below workflow parameter "TRUE "

RETENDER_ON_DECLINE_BY_SERVPROV_EQUIPMENTxSERVPROV .RETENDER_SHIPMENT for "SERVPROV" as well as your domain... bydefault it comes "FALSE"

Regards

Comment

Hi Ashok,
          I had set the value for RETENDER_ON_DECLINE_BY_SERVPROV_EQUIPMENTxSERVPROV .RETENDER_SHIPMENT to TRUE for SERVPRV and my domain. But once the carrier declines the shipment, the staus on the shipment is changed to SECURE RESOURCES_MAX RETENDERS and it is not getting tendered to the next carrier eventhough other carriers are available. Any ideas please as to why it is not getting retendered.
          Thanks

Comment

Set MAX_NUM_RETENDERS in workflow to a higher value. Also ensure you have rates for other carriers serving the same lane.

Comment

Thank you, I changed the MAX_NUM_RETENDERS in the workflow to a higher value and when logged in as a servprov and declined the tender with retender shipment checkbox checked, and the system is able to retender it to the next carrier. Is there any way to retender it to the next available carrier eventhough the checkbox(retender shipment) is not checked by the carrier while declining. The reason I am asking this because some carriers may simply decline it.
              Thanks

Comment

Hi Katuri,

this .. checkbox(retender shipment) is not for retendering to other carrier...but declining carrier saying...that he is available for retendering ..again..... if this shipment is retendered.. (Not linked to step tender....so planner can manually again retender to same carrier again )

If another contracted carrier is available with all said earlier workflow setups are done and if order doesnot have any specific constraints then workflow will retender automatically....

Regards

Comment

Ashok,
                  In my case the retendering is only working if the retender shipment is checked while declining the shipment as a carrier. Am I missing any steps here?
                  Thanks

Comment

Hi Katuripr,

I don't see any other setup is missing..

try to retest with configuring diff. mail id for second carrier and giving proper com method for primary contact...

Regards

Comment

Hi all,
                      I have RETENDER_ON_DECLINE_BY_SERVPROV_EQUIPMENTxSERVPROV .RETENDER_SHIPMENT to False as default, but still when the service provider declines the tender, it tenders automatically to the least cost service provider. How can I change settings to not retender automatically? if the service provider declines the tender, I want SECURE RESOURCES to be declined and the shipment to switch to least cost provider but not auto tender to that least cost provider for all modes. Is there another workflow parameter I should check?

Comment

Originally posted by aomar123 View Post
                        Hi all,
                        I have RETENDER_ON_DECLINE_BY_SERVPROV_EQUIPMENTxSERVPROV .RETENDER_SHIPMENT to False as default, but still when the service provider declines the tender, it tenders automatically to the least cost service provider. How can I change settings to not retender automatically? if the service provider declines the tender, I want SECURE RESOURCES to be declined and the shipment to switch to least cost provider but not auto tender to that least cost provider for all modes. Is there another workflow parameter I should check?
                        Set workflow parameter MAX_NUM_RETENDERS to zero. This will not re-tender and the secure resources status will remain in secure resources - declined value.

Comment

Problem is that this may cause the broadcast tender to fail where you do want to retender? Is this a concern?

Comment

Going by the secure resources status values and OTM's logic of setting those values, I don't think Broadcast tender uses max re-tender workflow parameter.

Comment

Working...
                            X