Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multistop order Planning

Hi

I am using OTM6.2. My Scenario is there are three locations. Loc A ,LocB and Loc C. There are two orders one is from Loc A to LocC and another one from Loc B to Loc C. I have configured the logic configuration for Multistop as Estimate as i am using LAT LONG for the locations. I have also made changes in the following parameters.

MULTISTOP USES LIFO PICKUP DROPOFF to FALSE
    Also increased the Maximum number of Segments in Rate offering.
    But while planning it is building two shipments only. Can anyone help on this?

Re: Multistop order Planning

how is configured your rates and itinerary?

Comment

1. Make sure you have atleast one rate to cover A--->C & B-->C
      2. Add Rate Offering to your Multistop planning rates.
      3. Check is there any constriants(Dates, Equipment, weight, etc..)

Then it should plan to one shipment.
      Thanks,
      Vinoth Gopalakrishnan

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have a rate offering with one rate record covering all the stops. But when i click on actions and do the Multistop is not working. it is throwing an error. but when click on Create single equipment in the itinerary leg ( which is meant to create a single shipment with multiple equipments) then when i click the action of Multistop it is creating a single shipment. But it has to create a single shipment with single equipment..Any idea

Regards
        Latha

Comment

it should work if your itinerary and rate is configured as multistop where there source region has A and B and C as a destination.

just to double check, does your location have the lat an lon correctly filled?

as an extra step, configure you log with the multistop and multistop details to check the details.

If that still doesn`t work try setting this two parameters:
          MULTISTOP USE UNMERGED STOPS IN SEQUENCING LOGIC = TRUE
          MULTISTOP MAXIMUM SEGMENTS PER SHIPMENT = 2

Comment

Hi Daniel
            Yes i have configured the Itinerary and Rate as Location to Region only. I am not using Planning parameter. I am using the Multistop actions availble in the order. but it is failing to plan.

Regards
            Latha

Comment

Okay, Do a simple test, A--> B, A-->C(Just input Early Pickup date but not any). Change Rate record to country to Country(US to US, just to trouble shoot where is the issue is, once it's good, work from backwards). Itinerary
              1. check Multistop.
              2. Auto consolidation type = "MUTLISTOP INTO ONE EQUIP"
              3. Equipemnt Assignment Type = "Optimize Equipment"
              & refer my previous post to make sure you got every thing set up. And plan.
              Thanks,
              Vinoth Gopalakrishnan

Comment

try creating a planning parameter with this configuration and run a bulk plan

Comment

Hi latha,

1. If it is a LTL it will be a multistop scenario.

2. if you are talking about two different TL's it will be consolidation pool.

3. plz provide some info is it a TL or LTL.

Comment

hi daniel

Hi

I have configured the following

Pick-Drop-Drop with 2 orders ( A->B and A->C), multistop Itinerary (A-> regionBC) and TL rates (A->regionBC).

Single shipment is created when i use multistop planning parameter. But when i use operational planning> create buy shipment> Multistop then it is showing the following error.

Failed to reassign equipment group and recalculate cost for TShipmentPair

I understand from the log that the same equipment is not getting assigned to the second order. Any idea?

Regards
                    Latha

Comment

This is because of the default parameter of your domain... when running multistop it uses the default parameter

Comment

Hi Daniel

yes i have tried that too. I have attached the Multistop parameter to the domain and checked it then also the issue remains the same.

when i use No equipment in Itinerary it creates a single shipment with an equipment from the Equipment group profile attached to it. But when i looked at the log , it is creating two shipment and merging it actually it need to optimize . Moreover when there is no equipment i dont know how it is picking an equipment? doubt whether it is a bug? i have raised an SR with oracle.

regards
                        Latha

Comment

try also changing the default parameter with the dba access. Then change it back.

Comment

Hi Daniel

Yes did the same. but results are still the same.

Regards
                            Latha

Comment

Hi Latha,

did your RR are based on Equipment group ? on shipment ?

Have you checked " Create Single Shipment " in your leg tab... of itinerary

Regards

Comment

Working...
                              X