Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capacity considering equipments available

Hello All,

Can OTM while planning the orders consider the equipements that are at the Distribution Center? Also, is it possible to plan the following shipments based on the return times of the equipment to the distribution center?

I what mean by this would be something related to the capacity limits that also looks at the equipment available at the yard.

Thanks,

Daniel

Re: Capacity considering equipments available

Hi Daniel,

Fleet mgt... equipment allocated to Location..... tracks the inventory at the location...But Bulk plan does not considers this.....Planner manually assigns this inventory to shipment / Driver..

Bulkplan automation for considering location inventory is not yet developed i beleive.

People in forum would like to add more if i am not correct...

Regards

Comment

Daniel,

Use of Capacity Limits should satisfy this requirement. You can set the date range in the capacity period to build in the expected return times.

Comment

Mandarotm - Capacity is just part of the solution, it does not consider the return of the vehicle to the yard. It is only a fixed value for a day.

Comment

Capacity Limits can be used by date range. You can also use Daily Capacity Tool to set the available capacity on a daily basis. Please read and test the functionaility fully. You can build in the capacity limits and date ranges to include the returned equipments as expected.

Comment

How do you calculate the returned equipment during the bulk plan? Also considering that one equipment can do multiple trips in one day? How can the capacity be dinamically updated?

Comment

You can either estimate the equipment availability by dates and accordingly set the capacity limits or do it through an agent.

Comment

Hi

I have a service provider that makes three trips a day with a single vehicle in the same place of origin

I can not consider that the capacity of the service provider is three trips due to the OTM programming to be in the first shift of operation.
                I need you to divide in three shifts, so consider the travel time between the three trips

Comment

Working...
                X